Sharing the skills, knowledge and experience of working with exhibitions
Welcome to all new and current members. If you are looking at TEG's website for the first time, please do take time to browse our activities. TEG is here to facilitate touring opportunities across all cultural organizations, to provide guidance on the practicalities of touring, and to promote good practice in touring.
Following our 2014 Marketplace in Newcastle in May, we are enjoying the continuing success of our professional development programme, with sessions in The Principals of Touring and Beginning to Tour now available to book via Events – Professional Development
We hope that you, our members, will tell us your thoughts, and share with us some of your experiences, so please look out for updates in the monthly newsletters. I look forward to working with you to develop ways to move forward with energy and determination.
I would like to thank our sponsors TESS Demountable, for their support of TEG's activities, especially our professional development programme.
Chair, Touring Exhibitions Group
Who we are
What we do
Our activities and services include:
- Marketplace – an invaluable annual event for exhibition organisers and programmers
- Exchange - our twice yearly brochure featuring forthcoming events, membership services and resources and the latest additions to our web site, including TEG members’ newly available exhibitions for hire. Each issue features a review or case study to help members to share ideas and practical tips on organising, touring and hosting exhibitions.
- On-line Exhibition and Venue Search – members can access our extensive databases of touring exhibitions available for hire and temporary exhibition spaces throughout the UK
- On-line Handbook of Good Practice in Touring - practical information and advice on all aspects of organising and managing exhibitions
- Seminars – at the Marketplace and the Museums Association Conference; and since 2006 TEG has run a programme of twice-yearly regional seminars
- Research – TEG has commissioned a researcher to investigate the changing prospects for touring exhibitions in the UK
- News and updates – Regularly emailed to our members and associates
- On-line members’ noticeboard – for exchanging information and obtaining help and active support from others in the network
Please see the Supporters section for Information about TEG's supporters and sponsoring opportunities.