Sharing the skills, knowledge and experience of working with exhibitions
Welcome to all new and current members. If you are looking at TEG's website for the first time, please do take time to browse our activities. TEG is here to facilitate touring opportunities across all cultural organisations, to provide guidance on the practicalities of touring, and to promote good practice in touring.
Our current programme of research, supported by Arts Council England, into the Economics of Touring Exhibitions, is continuing apace, with new training in development. Please keep an eye on the news section of the website, or subscribe to the newsletter via the Contacts webpage to keep up to date with our progress, and the latest dates for training sessions.
The updating of our Handbook of Touring Exhibitions is also in progress, with newly consolidated headings and providing a clear and informative guide to all aspects of touring.
Chair, Touring Exhibitions Group
Who we are
What we do
Our activities and services include:
- Marketplace – an invaluable annual event for exhibition organisers and programmers
- Exchange - our twice yearly brochure featuring upcoming events, news, reviews and new titles added to our online exhibitions database. Each issue features a case study with ideas and practical tips on organising, touring and hosting exhibitions.
- On-line Exhibition and Venue Search – members can access our extensive databases of touring exhibitions available for hire and temporary exhibition spaces throughout the UK
- On-line Handbook of Good Practice in Touring - practical information and advice on all aspects of organising and managing exhibitions
- Seminars – at the Marketplace and the Museums Association Conference; and since 2006 TEG has run a programme of regional professional development seminars
- Research – TEG has commissioned a researcher to investigate the changing prospects for touring exhibitions in the UK
- News and updates – Emailed monthly to our members and associates
- On-line members’ noticeboard – for exchanging information and obtaining help and active support from others in the network
Please visit our FAQ page.
Please see the Supporters section for Information about TEG's supporters and sponsoring opportunities.